Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tranny has finally failed on my 08. It has been acting stupid while shifting from 3 to 4 and know it is loosing reverse. My question is what all hard parts do I need to buy for my tranny guy to build?? I am now running 37" Toyo mts with a 20x12 wheel with a Spartan 310. I plan on buying a billet converter, billet input shaft, billet low/reverse hub and a comp. rebuild kit. I was looking at elites stuff and also suncoast. I know when it comes down to it, they are all the same stuff with different names. Also what stall size would I need on the converter?? Low, Medium, or High?? What other companys are there with good parts?? What other parts will I need?? Any input is appreciated.....

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I have had good luck so far with Rudy's HD tranny. Which is basically the same as Elites Comp tranny. Went with the Suncoast HD converter as well.

One of my friends who had a Suncoast built tranny has gone through 2 in 3 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.