Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to replacing the worn-out/leaking/rusting BDS shocks on my truck. Switched the front mount to a FAB TECH dual mount shock hoop kit, and Bilstein 5125 shocks. Rides like brand new truck!!!

What i started with.

Everything removed

Since i was switching to the dual shock mount i had to put the factory lower shock mount back on, while i was at it i put new U-bolts on as well.

Finished product

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice job! I need new rear shocks bad, they look original. Glad to hear the ride quality is better. I heard Bilsteins were a big improvement compared to other brands. Hoping to do the same.

·
Registered
666 Posts
thats cool i have been thinking of doing the dual shocks on mine but im gonna get trac bars first. anyway looks good.

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
that looks good!! those are the same shocks i just went with on my 450.. except with a different dual shock mount... post more pics of your truck please

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
whered you get the blisteins at?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job! I need new rear shocks bad, they look original. Glad to hear the ride quality is better. I heard Bilsteins were a big improvement compared to other brands. Hoping to do the same.
Yes they are, the ones on my truck where worn out and leaking.

thats cool i have been thinking of doing the dual shocks on mine but im gonna get trac bars first. anyway looks good.
Thank you

that looks good!! those are the same shocks i just went with on my 450.. except with a different dual shock mount... post more pics of your truck please
Will do. It is dirty right now and I getting the windows tinted next week so it may take a while LOL!

whered you get the blisteins at?
Tonneau Covers, Lift Kits, Winches, Leveling Kits, Tires, Wheels & Tonneau Cover Parts by 4 Wheel Parts

·
Registered
586 Posts
dnt mean to derail but is there a big diffrence between singles and doubles:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dnt mean to derail but is there a big diffrence between singles and doubles:pointlaugh:
I honestly can't tell you, since the triple shock mount was on the truck when i bought it. One thing i can think of is it gives a bit more stabiliy.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Where did you get your shock hoop kit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts