Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after ordering back in June, my new 2012 F-350 is finally here and done. I put on a Stage IV Icon 2.5" leveling kit with BFG AT/KO 325 60 20 tires on the stock rims. I considered a lot of different options/configurations, but after putting it all together, I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. Only thing that I would change is getting a running board (thought it came with one from the factory) which is on order and should be here in a few days. I love the power, love the ride, and LOVE the look! :ford:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an FYI. Picture doesn't really do it justice since it is sitting on a small hill, but I didnt lift the back and it sits totally level (i.e. back doesn't sit lower than front). Also, it is BIG. I had really gone back and forth about doing a 4" or a 6" lift with 35's or 37's, and I have to say that, for me, the 2.5" is perfect. I am 5'8" tall and the floor of the cab hits me right at the waist. Without the running boards, it is a big step getting in and out.

The lift and shocks look great. The dealer had some issues getting them on right and turned a 4 hour job into a 10 hour job, but in the end got it all right after talking to Icon. They also did the right thing and only charged me for 4 hours of labor which was greatly appreciated. Tires rub when cranked all the way to the right or left, but that's it. Dealer adjusted TPMS and speedometer to new tires and so far no problems. Speedometer is maybe 2 mph slow at higher speeds (65+), but that's no big deal. Dealer also helped me out and sold my stock tires for $600 cash to another customer and saved me having to put them on craigslist.

Gas mileage is hopefully going to get better. First tank was right at 13.5mpg.

Nav system is great, but I have to say that I miss my Panasonic AVIC-D3 in my other truck. The aftermarket units I have seen and used are just smoother in my opinion, BUT it is nice to have everything integrated into the truck which is why I went with the factory nav system (now I'm not tempted to watch DVD's while I drive anymore, either!).

Power is awesome.

Love the tailgate step. I also really like the factory spray-in bed liner. I had Line-X in my other truck and it is pretty comparable. Still trying to figure out whether I like the collapsible pickup bed storage gate.

Next choice is to decide whether to put on a full length tonneau cover (Retrax pro or Jackrabbit) or a toolbox and half-tonneau (Laredo roll-up). Still not sure on that one. I can't wait to get the running boards in and on (neither can my wife and kids!). Also, considering whether to add Bushwacker fender flares, but right now I'm leaning against it.

I'll try to post more pics later.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Beautiful truck!! congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
393 Posts
Looks great man. Simple and clean. Just enough to set it apart from the crowd. If I were you, I'd look into AMP Powersteps. I'm probably an inch taller than you, and my lifted 08 with 37s is easy as heck to get into with them. They aren't cheap, but I will promise you you'll love how easy it is to get in, and they won't hang off like the factory ones will.

·
75 Bronco
117 Posts
Great lookin' truck! You'll love that setup!

·
MADE IN THE USA
324 Posts
holy shniekeees!! beautiful truck man :rockwoot:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments. Here are a few more pics, including a few with my 2005 F-150 (4" Rancho lift, 34" tires on 18" wheels, 5.5' box).

P.S. I SERIOUSLY thought about the AMP steps, but was worried about what the Wisconsin winters and salt would do to them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2.5 icon system and need to get new shocks, how do you like yours? Are they worth the money?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Very nice truck

1 - 20 of 45 Posts