Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago we ran the black 6.0L in NC and I was extremely pleased with the results that we had. 8.47 in the 1/8 mile was better than I had expected at the time and I was just itching to get the truck back on a 1/4 mile track. Well, we just got back from Atlanta Dragway in Commerce and I can finally say I have a legitimate 12 Second truck. With a best run of 12.961 at 102.62 MPH, I achieved what I set out to accomplish with this truck (for now, of course). Keep in mind that this is still with the stock exhaust (including cat) in place. I was going to do a run with the cat disconnected from the downpipe, but frankly didn't have the energy to get under the truck and disconnect it. Besides, I want to dyno the differences between the stock exhaust and the new Diamond Eye kit we got in last week.

Here's a breakdown of the runs:

1:
60' - 1.766
1/8 - 8.188
MPH - 83.22
1/4 - 12.973
MPH - 102.46

2: (Tires didn't hook well... didn't get them hot enough)
60' - 2.001
1/8 - 8.721
MPH - 82.54
1/4 - 13.557
MPH - 101.35

3:
60' - 1.784
1/8 - 8.185
MPH - 83.51
1/4 - 12.961
MPH - 102.62

4:
60' - 1.776
1/8 - 8.182
MPH - 83.32
1/4 - 12.972
MPH - 102.23

I've gotta say, if nothing else the truck is consistent! Anyway, I was just excited and thought I'd share.

We now return you to regularly scheduled program. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
that is amazing. can't wait to see your results once you get the dyno testing done

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
whats done to the truck? I'm assuming you're running nitrous?

·
Registered
586 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
284 Posts
wow......so he is making 475hp at the wheels on fuel only with pretty much a stock truck! Does this make him the first ever to put a stock 6.0 in the 12's on fuel only then?!

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
pretty sure he's putting down 430 to the wheels like his sig says.. i guess we'll have to wait for bill to chime in

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
Nicely done:ford:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was basing off the weight they he had post in the other thread to do the calculation, he said it weighed 6600-6800lbs.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, everyone. We're still tickled. Just so there's no confusion, this was NOT fuel only. I really don't think it's possible to hit 12's with the stock injectors running fuel only. Theoretically there just isn't enough fuel volume. Maybe there is, but I still have quite a few air restriction at this point. Continue reading for details.

Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone on this. Saturday was our Dyno Event and we were pretty well wiped out.

This was the setup I was running in the 1/8 mile a few weeks ago in NC... (re. Black truck at the 1/8 mile track for Southern Smoke Show. - PowerStrokeNation)

2004 Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD (Tailgate removed... Approx 6400 Lb. with 5 gals fuel and driver)
Late style heads with studs, Stock turbo, Stock injectors, Reflashed FICM, Reflashed ECM
EGR Cooler Delete (EGR in place, but disabled)
Full stock exhaust, including catalytic converter, Stock Airbox
M/T 33x10.5-16 Drag Slicks, Dick Cepek wheels, 3.73 gear, Std. Ford L/S Diff

Now, our newest addition... Water/Meth kit with 175ml and 625ml nozzles running 49% Methanol (Boost Juice). This is where the extra HP is coming from which put the truck in the 12's. Without it, I would be expecting something in the 13.20-13.30 range due to the sticky launches with the slicks. Even the slicks alone would have made a tremendous difference from the 14.12 I previously ran in the 1/4 mile. I still haven't had a chance to get it on the dyno to see exactly how much the Water/Meth adds, but based on previous examples with similar nozzles I'd expect something in the 50-60 HP range. I can also add in the 375ml nozzle, but haven't done so just yet because I still need to beef a few things up in the suspension, add a locker, and install driveshaft loops. 100+ MPH is a bad place to have something go amiss!

I'm hoping to dyno the truck this week and get some final power numbers with the Water/Meth kit. Once that is complete, I'm going to pull the exhaust and install the Diamond Eye kit. We'll see how much that helps. :D

So far, this truck had been a lot of fun and I really don't have a lot of money tied up in it. The truck is still registered and I could put the street tires back on it and have one helluva sleeper. Just ask anyone who's already been for a ride in it! :D I may have even changed a few people's opinions on the 6.0L. Heck, for less than what I paid for my injectors on the 7.3L I have a solid running truck that made more than 400 HP... AND I still have room for injectors, turbo(s), nitrous, and whatever else the budget will allow. Just want to take it slow and try to keep everything well documented.

Anyway, PermaGrin is still in full effect and with 6 solid runs (including the run that Cody took on Friday night and one where I took Corey for a run just to get her heart going :D) with nothing breaking, we couldn't be more pleased. She's a good runner. I don't know if we'll run anymore this year, but we'll definitely be out and about next year. We have some video, but the camera is still at the shop so I'll have to post it later.

Take care.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Awesome, thanks for clearing all that up....... I am not sure if you have followed my thread here on psn but I too am pushing the limits on stock stuff. I love the 6.0!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome, thanks for clearing all that up....... I am not sure if you have followed my thread here on psn but I too am pushing the limits on stock stuff. I love the 6.0!
The nice thing about the Water/Meth is that I can easily turn it off to get otherwise "stock" runs. The only reason we didn't do a stock pass last Friday was I was trying to see just how consistent the truck was with the setup and I ran out of time to run it with the injection off. I may do one more trip before the track closes for the winter and see. Meanwhile, exhaust, intake, banjo bolts, and regulator kit (blue spring) are all waiting to be tested, one at a time.

Yep... The 6.0L is awesome! :ford:

BTW... where's the link to your thread? I haven't been on much lately so I miss a LOT!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts