Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got started on my truck today. Making really good time. Turbo off 30 minutes. Changed to 3" plenum 30 minutes. Jerked the driver side valve cover, injectors, glow plugs, and rocker arms, 30 minutes.

Putting in headstuds is a major pain. Still making good time though. Hit stud #15, the oone in the back outside the valve cover. Screeching halt. Removing motor mounts on a super duty is a huge pain in the ass. Got motor mounts removed, finished head studs on driver side head. Started on valve springs, started losing light and just called it a day. Tomorrow should be easier. My plan to bust it off by noon is done though.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Nice work...how many cuse words did ya hit.
If you didn't use more then 5 in one sentence,
you either know what your doing.
Or weren't workn hard enough.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
that one is the biggest Pain IMO, passenger side is easier.
why are you pulling the mounts? just take the 2 nuts off and loosen the other side and use a 2x4 and a jack to tilt the motor

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that one is the biggest Pain IMO, passenger side is easier.
why are you pulling the mounts? just take the 2 nuts off and loosen the other side and use a 2x4 and a jack to tilt the motor

Where the hell were you at 4:30. Thanks for the tip. I will remember that. Actually, I thought the motor needed to go down on that side. Ended up raising it to get the bolt out.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Man i wish ya luck Andy, sounds like you gona make it too!

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I need it. Allen is helping me. J/K. With his help we will hopefully get it done tomorrow. Might take it Kennedale this week to see what she will do in an 1/8th.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Where the hell were you at 4:30. Thanks for the tip. I will remember that. Actually, I thought the motor needed to go down on that side. Ended up raising it to get the bolt out.
LOL,
the only thing I was nervous about was possibly buggering up the threads
as you need to tilt it pretty much out of the mounts, 2 rigs and no problems. I have always thought the drivers side was harder we never had to mess with the evap box on either truck.

Keep up the good work! :ford:

BTW - might want to loosen the tranny mount bolt as well -if you haven't already

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Thanks, I need it. Allen is helping me. J/K. With his help we will hopefully get it done tomorrow. Might take it Kennedale this week to see what she will do in an 1/8th.
Hey now !! Fawker someone has to pick up the tools you drop.................. :D Chifon fingers

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those were thrown. Not dropped.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
sounds like fun!!, so AlJay- you gonna stop by in a couple of months when I do inj's:ford:

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
nice work guy's.. i think ill put studs in when i pull the motor.till then ill hope for the best...

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, for sure not fun in the truck. Everything gets in the way of the torque wrench handle. 130 lbs was easy on the fist 10. By the time I got to the end, not so much. 130 lbs while laying on your belly over an engine aint' much fun.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
nice work guy's.. i think ill put studs in when i pull the motor.till then ill hope for the best...
I have a spare set of heads that will get the grind shine/respring, when I do that I will pull the motor. Only thing bad about pulling the motor to do studs is keeping the damn motor still why you torque the heads on the stand.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Yep, for sure not fun in the truck. Everything gets in the way of the torque wrench handle. 130 lbs was easy on the fist 10. By the time I got to the end, not so much. 130 lbs while laying on your belly over an engine aint' much fun.
Try it on a top side creeper ,it still is no picnic, I say we yank the cab tomm. to do the other side............... Ah sh!t thats what the 6 leaker guys do. :poke:

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Uummmmmmm, No. You got a torch. We will torch out the cross member. Set the motor on the ground. Finish it, pick it up and reweld the cross member in.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Uummmmmmm, No. You got a torch. We will torch out the cross member. Set the motor on the ground. Finish it, pick it up and reweld the cross member in.
Sissy ! :pointlaugh: LOLLOLLOL

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
It's not done yet?

I still have parts for your truck in my car....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.