Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chip is AWESOME. Power comes on nice and smooth and the entire pedal is used. Throttle response is perfect as well, not touchy. The truck also runs quite a bit smoother and more quite than it did with my last chip. Shifting is perfect. Its got the perfect amount of firmness to it, and its quick. It only puffs smoke on the initial punch of the throttle in the Hot tune, other than that there is no smoke. I went with a High Idle, Whisper, Tow, Econo, Daily, Hot. I highly recommend these guys:D

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Very nice!!! I need to try there stuff, here nothing but good!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like my tunes from Jonathan @ Beans. That whisper tune is something ain't it?
Yea its crazy that you can make these things quiet, well, kinda quiet anyways:D I really like the driveability of the tunes. With my last tunes the only one yo could drive in was the tow tune without constantly jumping around. Its nice that all the tunes feel/act differently as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jonathon is the man i love my tunes and my mpg is great to.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats for sure. What are you guys seeing for mileage in the econo tune? I havent had a chance to drive the truck a whole lot yet. Im already wanting to make a drive down to TN and have them put in some sticks, upgrade teh turbo, and put in a BTS.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
beans = god

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
Whisper does not make as big a differance on our tunes as you would hear on some other tuners chips mainly because our standard tunes are not noisy. There is a slight audible differance though so its just up to you.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup. What the man said. Slight difference in sound. The truck runs pretty damn quiet with just the regular tunes. I gave my buddy a ride for the first time since I switched over to a BDP chip. He said "man its quiet now, doesnt sound like its screaming anymore".

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Yeah, mine isnt really that much quieter, but you can tell it. I thought you couldnt really do much with the stock injectors... but with anything aftermarket you could?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks guys. Called this morning and went over everything about re-burning the used chip I bought. Sent my chip out this afternoon and can't wait to get it back. Had High Idle in the last spot but thought I might want the Whisper tune instead. I'm gonna stick with the High Idle though.

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
Thanks guys. Called this morning and went over everything about re-burning the used chip I bought. Sent my chip out this afternoon and can't wait to get it back. Had High Idle in the last spot but thought I might want the Whisper tune instead. I'm gonna stick with the High Idle though.
The high idle tune I wouldn't ever do without.

On a truck with split shots I'd definately take high idle over whisper.

But, on my truck with singles it does make a pretty big difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts