Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a Edge CTS. My goal was to try and mount is using a standard Insight pillar mount and the CTS adapter. So I ordered these:

Autometer 13001 pillar pod:

And the CTS adapter from Edge:

Edge Products| Product

Here are the instructions for the adapter:

Basically the adapter attaches to the back of the CTS and the the adapter snaps into the regular insight pod.

Here is the pod in the truck:

Here is the adapter snapped in the pod:

So today when the CTS came in, I attached the adapter to the back of it and snapped it in the pillar pod, fit perfect:

The way the cable attaches to the back of the monitor does keep the monitor from snapping in completely with the cable attached.

Here is how it sits, good and flush, when the cable doesnt hit:

I'm going to have to mess around with it some more tomorrow if I get some time. I'll probably have to clearance the pod to allow the cable to fit into it so the monitor can fit completely flush in the pod. I'll update when I get a chance to get it figured out. On a side not, I was kind of worried about the CTS being too big, but when it came in and I got it in my hand, I think its perfect!! Here is a picture with a $10 bill next to it for size reference:

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Not to derail but when you get your exhaust probe make sure ya get the EDGE EAS STARTER KIT EGT PROBE and not the cheaper on. I almost made that mistake.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I knew that already, but thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture of the adapter snapped on the back of the CTS:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had to make about a three hour trip today, so I plugged the CTS up so I could see what kind of readings I was getting (even though its not permanently mounted yet lol).

This was after about an hour of driving, averaging about 70 MPH. Let me know how the numbers look. Sorry for the pics, hard to take a pic with the IPhone while doing 70mph+ in the rain lol:

Also put it up by the mirror while I was driving to see how it looked up there:

·
NSTY 6OH
207 Posts
Looks good but I would be a little concerned about the 14 degree difference between your ECT and EOT if I were you.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
That's a pretty slick setup

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I got it finished up yesterday afternoon. I marked the pillar where the cable/plug was making contact. then I pulled everything back apart and used a hacksaw blade to my a notch in the pillar for the cable/plug to rest in. Really wasn't much to it. Here are a few pics:

Here is a pic of it with the cable going through:

Picture with the monitor in place:

I also drilled two small holes up through the bottom of the pillar and into the little adapter plate to secure it a little better than just snapping it in. Forgot to take pictures of that. Once I went to put the whole setup on the pillar, no matter how I placed it, it was putting the cable in a bind, so I just went ahead and cut a small hole out of the pillar itself. Not pretty but its covered by the pod lol

Once that was done it was just a matter of putting it all in place and back together. Here are a few pics of the finished product:

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
looks good

all my cords slip inside the Edge pod I have
Mines a dash mount I inverted and use on the center dash storage area

In AZ out of site keeps your windows from getting broken and your display from growing legs and dash temps here are insane

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks good

all my cords slip inside the Edge pod I have
Mines a dash mount I inverted and use on the center dash storage area

In AZ out of site keeps your windows from getting broken and your display from growing legs and dash temps here are insane
Have any pics?

·
Registered
227 Posts
how do you guys like the cts i am interested in it but really seen no reviews on it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts