Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my trip to Bandimere took it to it's grave. Cracked on the first run just past the 1/8th mile mark with no sign of damage other than a "Pop". I first thought it was a boost hose or something but after checking everything in the pit's I could not find anything wrong. Maybe it was just a Nitrous pop so I dropped my second stage down and ran again and no pop or unusual behavior with a .04 slower run. Well checked the engine again in the pits and everything was fine. Back to the larger jet for my first elimination. Truck was running fine staged with my 15.00 rival in the left lane, he had a slow reaction so I hit the 2nd stage a little late just to get the win and truck ran perfect.

Now this is where it baffled me. I pulled next to the trailer and let the truck idle for about 5 min to cool down like I always do and it sounded normal but after I spent about 15 minutes checking the oil, refilling the water and airing the tires my group was called so I get in the truck and turn the key and I hear about a 1/4 turn and it stops. :confused: So I get out and put a large TQ wrench to the crank just to see if it was a fluke and it turns in the reverse direction 180 deg's and stops. Turns back 180 and stops. Looked at the res and I'm down a few inches.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
That sucks. sorry to hear. :doh:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That bites.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Sorry to hear that. So many 7.3s going down lately............Hey at least the 7.3 has its own theme song..............

Do....Do....Do.......Another one bites the dust........:D

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was visualizing installing a cummins in my truck but fortunately I woke from that horrible dream. The runs I made with a damaged engine and a DA factor of 11,000 ft should put me right behind Mr. Lott in position #3 of the top 10 PSD's (with a single charger BTW). Remember this block has 84,000 hard miles on it and over 200,000 actual so it did live a long life.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
How do you know it's a cracked block? Did I miss something?

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
I was visualizing installing a cummins in my truck but fortunately I woke from that horrible dream. The runs I made with a damaged engine and a DA factor of 11,000 ft should put me right behind Mr. Lott in position #3 of the top 10 PSD's (with a single charger BTW). Remember this block has 84,000 hard miles on it and over 200,000 actual so it did live a long life.
That's my boy!! :rockon::rockon: whoo hoo!

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Well, I think it did pretty damn good. And best of luck putting another one together. Might I suggest a generous helping of Hardblock?

It may be something else though. If you had a girdle it couldn't have broken the block. ;)

But seriously, you did some nice work with that thing. Do you have anything you're going to try a little different on the rebuild?

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
dang mike that sucks. glad to hear your keeping it a psd under the hood

·
<<HowdoIgetridofthat
1,421 Posts
That sucks man, best of luck getting it back together.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Sorry to hear that. So many 7.3s going down lately............Hey at least the 7.3 has its own theme song..............

Do....Do....Do.......Another one bites the dust........:D
totally different than the other issues at hand. his motor has been making over 700 for 2 years.

·
Colorado PowerStroke Club
1,207 Posts
Sorry about that Mike. I was waiting and wondering exactly what happened, after that day at the track. It was a bummer you couldn't make it back up for Sunday.
At least Jacob was kind enough to take it right to Wide Open for you, so it will be fixed up soon enough!

And, by the way guys, I love my PSD and won't go with anything else under my hood. But........when that turbo lights on Alan's truck - Wow. It's way fun. Can't wait to see what it does with twins. Nothing wrong with a Cummins, as long as it's in a Ford.;)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts