Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted tell everyone thank you for your input on my auto versus manual post. I held out and found an auto truck that was just what I was looking for. It is a late 1999 197000 miles and bought it from the original owner. Payed 9500 for it. It is an XLT CCSB. Has records of every oil change every 4k miles and fuel filter ever 8k. Also just changed all 8 injectors about two years ago and had new head gaskets installed because they had to pull the heads to do injector cups (so the receipt said) and had the tranny replaced at around 125k. He took the transmission in to a shop in Utah and paid them 6k to rebuild it. Gave me all the receipts of everything done to the truck. I am not really sure if I got a good deal on the truck or not but I figured it was worth it to me knowing the maintenance that has been done on the truck. Looking forward to spending a lot more time on her, just hopefully not with truck problems. Thanks again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Congrat's:D

If your going too do any towing replace the stock tiny little cooler with the one from the 6.0's, but sounds like the truck will last a long time with the work already done too it. Just keep up on the oil changes and fresh fuel filter's and add some type of fuel additive too help keep the injectors lubricated, and you will be fine. If you want too throw some more power at it, then get a PHP Hydra, best investment I've made for the truck, extra power for towing and a small increase in fuel mileage.

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He already installed a 6.0 tranny cooler and has an aux fan wired up to a switch. He also installed a tranny temp gauge on it so I think I should be safe there. Thanks for the suggestions though. I will definitely look into the PHP Hydra though. I think I might put an exhaust on it first. It really doesn't have any performance mods at all. Just a leveling kit. I will try and post a pic soon.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think you got a good deal, I would've spent 9500 on it and not thought twice about it.

Might want to look into an EGT gauge too if it doesn't already have one.

·
Registered
747 Posts
never heard of pulling the heads to do injector cups. Weird

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I think maintenance records are key, and its a one owner truck... sounds good to me. Welcome to the world of 7.3!!!
:ford:

·
Registered
307 Posts
He already installed a 6.0 tranny cooler and has an aux fan wired up to a switch. He also installed a tranny temp gauge on it so I think I should be safe there. Thanks for the suggestions though. I will definitely look into the PHP Hydra though. I think I might put an exhaust on it first. It really doesn't have any performance mods at all. Just a leveling kit. I will try and post a pic soon.
That's good, but I don't know why he has a aux fan:confused: my tranny temp has never gotten over 162* and that was towing my 8,000 lb camper last summer too Myrtle Beach and that's without a aux fan.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
probably not needed, but since its there, nice to have the little extra insurance I guess

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts