Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is the final set if it works it works if not idk. after talking to jess warren and bill at bullseye im going with 205/100 injectors and a 66/74/88 batmowheel turbo fuel i went with a airdog 2 everthing on its way if im missing something let me know

·
Registered
449 Posts
idk lol but im jelous. ill be swapping my 155's out soon for some 190's

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
That's a big exhaust wheel and an even bigger housing, you may have issues getting it to spool...all hell should break loose once it does though

EDIT: *if it does*

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
i think that thing is going to be a hot,smokey, dog on the street. you'd be doing yourself a favor if you at least put a diverter valve on it. good luck though!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im hopeing it works well but if everything gets here in time ill let you guys know how it works this weekend donzimama ill be geting a rr off of you in the near furture

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I know Brentos was using RCD's 66mm race turbo and ran the 74mm wheel and .80 housing with 225's and then 285cc hybids with it and i guess it spooled good. But the .88 seems big. Something like a 66/71/70 or even a 66/71/80 with a divided housing would be good with those sticks i think.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I would rethink your housing sizes honestly. live n learn.

·
Car Ramrod
300 Posts
my 64/71/.76 can get hot quick when the TC is locked on a slight incline, diverter valve wont help with egts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok everone thinks the turbo is to big but what i dont understand is how 7.3 spool bigger turbos than that and i was talking to my one buddy with a d-max and hes running a 71mm with a 115 houseing how can they run that i just dont get it

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
you do realize you're comparing trucks that are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT right?

the 6.0 was designed he vgt and its hard for them to spool bigger non vgt turbos, always has been always will be

Listen to these guys they have been through trial and error and know what works and what doesnt.

That turbo is going to be a big dog on the street... but you live and you learn

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
7.3s have a ton of displacement. dmax's also have better displacement plus they have common rail injection which allows for better fuel atomization and injection timing control.

EDIT: With ported heads, a ported intake manifold, headers/high flow exhaust manifolds with heat wrapped pipping you just MIGHT be able to spool that turbo a little faster. Excellent tuning will be needed as well

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ok everone thinks the turbo is to big but what i dont understand is how 7.3 spool bigger turbos than that and i was talking to my one buddy with a d-max and hes running a 71mm with a 115 houseing how can they run that i just dont get it
Look at a set of 6.0 heads.
Then look at a set of 7.3 heads.

Then tell me which one you think flows more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok well turbo got here yesterday so when do you guys think it will spool

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
guy in my area has a 7.3 with a 1.1x housing on his turbo and he said it spools pretty quick. When i told him i had a .70 housing on mine...he almost chit his pants and wondered why i had such a small housing. You can't compare a 6L turbo to a 7.3 turbo. They are two totally different animals.

·
Registered
917 Posts
7.3s have a ton of displacement. dmax's also have better displacement plus they have common rail injection which allows for better fuel atomization and injection timing control.

EDIT: With ported heads, a ported intake manifold, headers/high flow exhaust manifolds with heat wrapped pipping you just MIGHT be able to spool that turbo a little faster. Excellent tuning will be needed as well
If your building your own piping with divided flange.. I would have went with the .91 ar because open housings are very laggy
Honestly I wouldn't waste the money on a quick spool valve it's just another think to worry about going bad or seizing up

If you did a set of stainless log headers that turbo would lite very well we just got finished with [email protected] innovatives triple build with stock heads stock intake and just our headers with a 66/74/.91 can light the charger in 7 secs

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 35 Posts