Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I've read about people getting check engine lights and stuff for filter minder... I attempted to put intake on my truck today and noticed that my 2010 doesn't have this... Just has the older style resettable filter gauge with no electrical going to it.. When did they start doing this?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does yours have the wire going to it and turns on light if it thinks filter is plugged? This one has the old gauge like we have on our 7.3's at work

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
yeah, it has a 2 wire running to it i believe. IMHO that filter minder is full of sh!t, lol! my filter is dirty as hell!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
must be that's why they got rid of it!

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i wouldve preferred not having it...one less thing to worry about, LOL

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
mine is wireless too, thank god. my 03 would suck it in all the time pulling my GN

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
Mine is a 09 with it. check this out. the other night I raced a dodge, and just before I put my spare filter in the S&B. forgot to plug it back up and seen it unplug a couple of days later. no light nothing. I did notice what SCT claims that if the truck seems sluggish, the reset it. I thoght about filling the hole with silicone. that way it couldn't read anything. That thing is and will always be worthless crap on a diesel. I have had a bunch of ' em ,and never had one work right.

you still can put the air box on just stick it in there. just call it a look at this do dad...lol LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts