Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Heath
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together an electric system on my truck and am having a problem with the bases for the filters. The 4770 is back-ordered and no one can tell me when they will be getting them. Napa told me that it would be at least a month till they got some more--don't know if the guy knows what he is talking about or not.

Anyone use the baldwin bas fb1311? My wuestion with that one was filter selection. its a 1-14 thread. A couple of sites listed a select few filters it would work with--using a d-ring. I wanted a 30m w\s pre and a 2m post pump, but only see 12m in the list. Is this to fine a filter? It will be a Stock SD pump sucking through it. Maybe the 1212 pre?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I'm putting together an electric system on my truck and am having a problem with the bases for the filters. The 4770 is back-ordered and no one can tell me when they will be getting them. Napa told me that it would be at least a month till they got some more--don't know if the guy knows what he is talking about or not.

Anyone use the baldwin bas fb1311? My wuestion with that one was filter selection. its a 1-14 thread. A couple of sites listed a select few filters it would work with--using a d-ring. I wanted a 30m ws pre and a 2m post pump, but only see 12m in the list. Is this to fine a filter? It will be a Stock SD pump sucking through it. Maybe the 1212 pre?
They take the same filter.

Filters that I used:

2 Micron NAPA 3674 WIX 33674 Fleet Guard FF5319
Water Separator NAPA 3244 WIX 33244 Fleet Guard FF198

Order them here... Wix Fuel Filters: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

Plenty of 1-14 filters...

·
Heath
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i just wasn't sure about the "using the d-ring supplied with filter part" Didn't know if there was something different about the base.
Thanks

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
My bases are 1"-14 and I'm running a Cat 1R-0749 post pump and a Fleetguard FS1023 pre-pump. Those are 2 micron and 100 micron. You can run an FS1000 pre-pump if you want, it's 10 micron and fits that base.

Dave

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
ok i just wasn't sure about the "using the d-ring supplied with filter part" Didn't know if there was something different about the base.
Thanks
My NAPA water separator/filter came with an o-ring, but my 2 micron NAPA filter did not. Im not sure why some require it, and some dont.

·
Heath
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My NAPA water separator/filter came with an o-ring, but my 2 micron NAPA filter did not. Im not sure why some require it, and some dont.
What bases are you running? I was taking it as the baldwin base nedded it for any filter used--or is it a filter thing:confused:

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
What bases are you running? I was taking it as the baldwin base nedded it for any filter used--or is it a filter thing:confused:
I was running 2 of the 4770 bases. Haven't ran any of the Baldwin bases. But even with the Napa bases, the water separator came with an o-ring, and the 2 micron filter did not. I couldn't tell the difference just by looking at the 2.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Fuel/water seperators normally come with an inner o-ring, while standard fuel filters do not.

Why I'm not really sure, it's just what I've seen working on big trucks.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts