Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to PSN and owning a diesel....2002 F250 7.3, 183,000. I found out the previous owner had replaced the turbo (stock) and head gskts...i'm figuring because of leaking on the gsks part...i now have a small amount of what appears to be oil foam on top of the coolant in the resorvoir...the coolant underneath this layer is clean, green, and no contamination......should i just flush the system and see if it cleans up, or ????? Also, should i run green af, and add the dc-8 or go to the gold where i don't need to add anything???? Thanks for any help, and am now an addict of the Blue Oval smokers!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, i take it this is a common problem? Is this a do it yourself project (semi mechanical person) or best left to the shop? Thanks, rsbhunter

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The oil cooler is not hard,, messy but not hard at all... Did mine first time in about 2 hours easy,, could do it quicker now I think.
Myself, if the original owner had the HG replaced... I would flush and run new coolant. I am using the Fleetrite ELC from IH.... MAYBE there was some residual oil in the passages and it's working it's way out..... hopefully. Otherwise, as mentioned above, the oil cooler or injector cups are the next possible culprits.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JimTJr, thanks, thats what i had thought originally....it's not alot , maybe an 1/8" thick, and it dosen't seem to be getting worse..hopefully flushing will do it...i plan on using the fleetrite af and distilled water....is there any radiator flushes that are better than others, or any to stay away from? Thanks for the help, i will repost when i flush and keep you posted on the outcome...thanks again, rsbhunter

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
well if its getting worse then its still leaking somewhere so Its either the injector cups or oil cooler.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts