Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Ya they had to send out inspector and so on. I left truck at shop though so don’t know about leaks yet. As far as code idk if it’s even for the glow plug. I didn’t take scanner with me and I forgot the h&s would read the code

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
So finally got the truck back today. I have to put a glow plug in number 4 so no big deal. But got it home looking it over and already has oil on the bell housing at bottom. Oil seems to be running from above the bed plate though. Looks like it is running down where trans and bell housing meet. Can’t see much up there. What up there could be leaking. I have yet to call dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
It looks like the didn’t pull the fuel lines off the pump to the heads. No wrench marks. So if they didn’t do that they couldn’t have replaced that gasket. They did smear a lot of rtv where the rear cover meats the fuel pump cover. Is this something that’s possible? Maybe that’s the area the oil is coming from now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
got word from dealer today they replaced fuel pump cover gasket after I had a long talk with there service manager. Hope all is well with it. I think the tech was trying to cover his own butt. Can’t blame a guy I guess.

·
PSN intsigator
6,271 Posts
Good god, after they finally get this thing fixed I think it's time to find a competent place that hopefully you won't need to use

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I agree. I thought this was going to be the place also. But any further work that’s not covered won’t be done at a dealer. Hope it’s all good so I can finally change fuel filters and put coolant filter on.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts