Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I didn't know I could get to injector plugs without taking things apart. I have done similar things in gas cars to troubleshoot. That will be my next thing to try.

I also did a blue spring mod yesterday. The previous owner said he already did it, but with brand new filters and pump it was still only getting 45psi. I ordered a ford brand kit, now it's over 65psi. It did have a blue spring in it when I took it apart, but it was 1/4" shorter than the new one.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Unfortunately, sometimes places sell a "blue spring mod" which is just a spring painted blue, not the actual mod from Ford.

As for the connectors, most are easy to get to, two of them are a little more difficult, but they're definitely doable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm definitely going to try unplugging them to get some insight for what's going on. I'm not expecting any compression issues. The times it has cranked without firing its very consistent. When I have run across burnt valves and such in gas engines you can usually hear when a cylinder doesn't have compression when it spins with the starter without firing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So, I found a Bluetooth obd2 transmitter and came across 2 phone apps that will use it to buzz test the injectors. Seems easier than unplugging them, so I ordered it. I did unplug a few of them while it was running. 2 made a huge difference in how it ran. 1 made very little difference and another no difference at all. I'm tempted to try an oil and fuel additive to try cleaning them out. I figure the injector that is barely doing something might benefit, but I have a feeling the one doing nothing won't. If it doesn't open I assume nothing can get inside where the problem is anyway.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts