Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great just got my edge insight cts installed and alert goes off for the ficm voltage once it's warm it reads anywhere from 40.5-44.0 but was 33.5 at start up new to diesels so does this mean it's going bad and is it ok to keep driving and what causes these things I go bad???

·
Registered
72 Posts
get it fixed. anything less than 45 at start up or during initial crank can damange the injectors. i sent my to circuitboardmedics.com for i think 300.00 they fixed it. a lot of guys on here send theirs to ficmrepair.com who is cheaper. best of luck and its an easy fix, but id def. recommend getting it fixed.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Its not going bad. Its bad. Pull it and have it repaired.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine was starting at 41 volts, I didn't think much of it, then stranded....... just sayin.

If you have time to develop your plan for your truck being down then its on your terms, when your stuck at the strip club cuz your ride wont roll and you gotta call the ol lady to pick you up, aint no hiden the glitter!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man this stinks not gonna have $ til valentines day so the ole king is gonna have to sit til then!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
NO WAY!! You can fix it yourself for $25. I did and it was easy! There isn't any guaranty it will but there isn't any guaranty it won't. I also did a mod on mine. Now, it stays right at 53 volts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you fix it yourself

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
I took mine to a tv repair shop and got it fixed for 48 bucks. Should we sticky a FICM thread like this one so people know what to do with a bad FICM. Seems this question comes up a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts