Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week or so agao posted a thread asking for help on a P0275 code. No one replied.
Service engine light came on yesterday and now have 9 codes:
P0261
P0264
P0267
P0270
P0273
P0276
P0279
These should be injector cirucuit low.

P0275 & P0285 contribution/balance fault.

Checked FICM voltage: 48 volts with key on, 35 volts starting, 23 volts cold idle, 25 volts 2000 rpm cold.
Is it safe to say FICM is toast?

I was thinking about getting FICM repaired at FICM repair.com and having them add PHP option. Does anyone have one and what are your opinions?
Called Ford and they wanted $575 for the FICM plus reprogramming!
Some say an early 03-04 can't be repaired?
Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
What is the best way to go?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ed at ficmrepair.com has a very good reputation. Thats where I would go. I would first check the ground wire near the ficm that is on a stud.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,207 Posts
Ficmrepair has a very good following and he will repair yours better than it came new or he will send you one overnite and you send back your core. I think his price is around $300.00 and it is programmed and ready to go. You can also get a tuned one that will give you more power or one set up for better economy.

Whatever you do dont buy one from the dealer they are overpriced and are no more reliable than the one you have right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ed at ficmrepair.com has a very good reputation. Thats where I would go. I would first check the ground wire near the ficm that is on a stud.
I second ficmrepair.com ... Ed repaired the FICM in my 2004 a few weeks ago. Very quick turn-around and the truck runs perfectly now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually met Ed tonight while dropping off a FICM for a coworker (FICMrepair.com is only a few miles from my house). Great guy and a pleasure to talk with, and he knows his stuff! This is the fourth person I know personally that has used Ed, and they all swear by him.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,207 Posts
You are right I sent him a e-mail last Saturday asking him about a core value and some info on a Atlas40 and he responded back to me Satuday evening no less. I need to get off my rear and send in some ficm,s. Great Guy highly regarded by a lot of people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts