Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Airboat nut
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
Under advisement of a friend he asked that I check my FICM by using the test listed on ficmfixer.com .I did and here are the results that I'd like you gurus to chime in on.

TEST 1 Buzz test.
27Volts -32 Volts fluctuating and finally settles on 48V.

TEST 2 Crank test.
48V solid.

I'm told that the low buzz test voltage means my FICM needs to be repaired. My truck is a bone stock 06 F250 4x4 6.0 with a cold start issue and poor MPG.

What do you think, anyone here ever use the FICM fixer ?

Thanks,
BB

·
Registered
287 Posts
dont replace it with ford unit. EVER! i made that mistake and it cost me $1100. u can send ur ficm to ed at ficmrepair.com and he will fix it so it wont break again and for only around $300. give him a call and tell him what u want. he has great customer service and ive never heard of one of his units going bad. now have ur batteries load tested individually and load test the ficm. if they are bad, replace because bad batteries or alternator can kill the ficm and it isnt cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the referral, Joe!

I agree 100% with Joe.

If there is anything you can ever do on your truck to get the volts to drop below 45 - by cranking, cranking when uber cold, revving up to 2,000 rpm when cold - ANYTHING - you have a FICM in need of repair.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts