Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the site and have question. I just replaced the ficm in my 04 F-350 and now it won't start. Can it be programmed by sct, bully dog, ect. or does it have to be done by the dealer? If by the dealer do they need the truck or just the ficm? Appreciate any input.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
should be an hour charge to flash it, but you most likely have to put the stock back in to do it right...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new ficm is stock so is the truck. Only upgrade is 4" lift and tires. I was wondering If I purchased a tuner if the tuners stock setting might fix my problem rather than having the truck towed to the dealer... 30 miles, and the ficm I replaced is dead. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I'm on the right track, or OK piss off. he he he Do appreciate the response either way. Am I dealer bound?

·
Registered
427 Posts
OK I'm on the right track, or OK piss off. he he he Do appreciate the response either way. Am I dealer bound?
Either you take the whole truck to the Ford dealer where they will re-flash the whole truck (PCM, TCM, FICM)
Or you send the FICM out to one of the previously mentioned businesses to get your choice of performance flash loaded

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
is it a new or used ficm? theres isnt a separate tcm on a 6l like the 6.4.its part of the ecm.
dont confuse this kid. your post is irrelevent. the ficm is new, you would have known that if you read the original post. all he needs to do is take the truck to ford,or send to innovative or swamps. end of story,theres no other way of doing it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
When someone says new they don't always mean new from ford.thats why I asked.a brand new ficm will need programmed yes.if its a used one in most cases will run unless there is additional issues with the truck.usually when you buy a new ficm from ford they tell you it needs programmed.btw the original post didn't say a fu cking thing about it being new, that was in the 4th post.thanks for your time d ick.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
When someone says new they don't always mean new from ford.thats why I asked.a brand new ficm will need programmed yes.if its a used one in most cases will run unless there is additional issues with the truck.usually when you buy a new ficm from ford they tell you it needs programmed.btw the original post didn't say a fu cking thing about it being new, that was in the 4th post.thanks for your time d ick.
dont try to be smart. it isnt working.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts