Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start I do not know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to trucks I am attempting to figure out why my boyfriends truck isn’t working. He had a new fuel pump, new starter, new cores to the batteries, had his ficm repaired by ficmfixer, along with a bunch of other parts. Right now the code is saying power to the ficm logic board is 5v obviously not what it’s supposed to be at. We have been wracking everyone’s brains to try and figure it out. We are thinking maybe it’s the wiring harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a FICM relay that is in the battery fuse box (under the hood). That is probably the issue.

It's part number is F8OZ-14N089-AA

In my 2006 (not sure what year model he has) it is relay 304. In the owners manual it is labeled IDM relay
So he changed the relay the light come on in the truck now but won’t turn over just cranks...

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,486 Posts
Turning over and cranking are the same thing.

So he now has a crank no-start.

BTW - what code reader is he using. Many of the cheaper code readers do not do a thorough job of it. ForScan Lite, a smartphone app, with the proper OBDII adapter, is a cheap option - $35 total. It is a great tool and thorough code reader. BlueTooth for Android and WiFi for iOS. If he has an Android, then downloading Torque Pro (with the BlueTooth adapter) would be good also. I like the BAFX adapters because they work and they are inexpensive.

We need the codes read again, and we need to see a few engine parameter readings when he is cranking the engine:
cranking rpms
ICP pressure
IPR % duty cycle
FICM sync
cam/crank sync
v-reference voltage
fuel injection pulse width (or injector pulse width)
FICM logic power (LPower)

All of these are available on most scan tools (including ForSCan Lite)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turning over and cranking are the same thing.

So he now has a crank no-start.

BTW - what code reader is he using. Many of the cheaper code readers do not do a thorough job of it. ForScan Lite, a smartphone app, with the proper OBDII adapter, is a cheap option - $35 total. It is a great tool and thorough code reader. BlueTooth for Android and WiFi for iOS. If he has an Android, then downloading Torque Pro (with the BlueTooth adapter) would be good also. I like the BAFX adapters because they work and they are inexpensive.

We need the codes read again, and we need to see a few engine parameter readings when he is cranking the engine:
cranking rpms
ICP pressure
IPR % duty cycle
FICM sync
cam/crank sync
v-reference voltage
fuel injection pulse width (or injector pulse width)
FICM logic power (LPower)

All of these are available on most scan tools (including ForSCan Lite)
He has a code reader in his truck the ficm part of the codes went away now it’s saying a glow plug going to one of the injectors is bad.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,486 Posts
He has a code reader in his truck the ficm part of the codes went away now it’s saying a glow plug going to one of the injectors is bad.
Could you please post the cranking data requested? That is the only way to begin troubleshooting a crank no-start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts