Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting all injector low voltage codes for all 8 injectors, time for a new FICM. Measured 22.5V as the FICMs lowest voltage.

Get a new one from Ford? Swamps 48 or 58V? Was kind of looking for opinions on the 48-58V from Swamps Diesel. Any long term reliability issues anyone has ran into? Would prefer to have as little down time as possible with this truck and Im kind of worried about the FICM being complete plug and play.

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
Getting all injector low voltage codes for all 8 injectors, time for a new FICM. Measured 22.5V as the FICMs lowest voltage.

Get a new one from Ford? Swamps 48 or 58V? Was kind of looking for opinions on the 48-58V from Swamps Diesel. Any long term reliability issues anyone has ran into? Would prefer to have as little down time as possible with this truck and Im kind of worried about the FICM being complete plug and play.
swamps for reliabilty. ford for fast parts obtainabilty for repair time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have had a swamps (58V) in my truck for a year now and no problems what so ever. Works great, and I drive my pickup a min of 84 miles a day 7 days a week never missed a beat!

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
i would go with vivian, quick tricks has a 58v ficm for less money, and I would also flash the FICM with a performance flash, you'll love the added power and reliability

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Also curious

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a new FICM that has been programmed by Ford, 4 sale in the classifieds

·
Registered
119 Posts
ficmrepair.com...$200 and good as new! Ed is awesome!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've had my swamps 58v for over a year, about 25k miles works great...gettin it tuned by IDP very soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts