Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 250 power stroke 6.0 2003 will not start replaced fuel filters checked the fuse for ficm it's ok checked voltage on ficm and found none on all seven with ignition turned on, ordered one from parts store only got the board it was a four terminal & mine has seven terminal will that work and do I have to get it programed first. I thought it would come complete. can some one help please.

·
Strokin Roughneck
118 Posts
send it back and order one from bullet proof diesel.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I agree send it back, if they take electronic parts back as some places will not. Odd that they gave you just the board. Almost can guaranty that it's just the power supply half that's toast. Order the power supply from BPD and take the thirty minutes top to put it in yourself, it's child play. Seven pin is just pre updated four pin but obviously you would the complete FICM if you got it from Ford. Get the BPD and set it to 53 volts then you got THE best out there and you'll get no soft codes due to the higher voltage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
147 Posts
If he got just a board from the local parts store, then he most likely got the chinese Dorman board. That will not work with your 7 pin ficm. You need to check for battery power at the larger of the three ficm connectors before you condemn the ficm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
do yourself a favor and buy an OE FICM...thalf-shell version will do...they are truly remanufactured...the old components that failed are replaced with new design that will not vibrate loose. Don't buy one, if you ask me, that is "rebuilt" and painted because that just serves to hold in more heat...and heat is the enemy of electronics. Also, no need to increase voltage (it's just a coverup for sticking spool valves in the injectors and creates MORE heat) Also, OE parts come with a two year warranty with no mileage or use restrictions...go to a large Ford dealer that does wholesale sales and ask for the wholesale price! that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts