Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning guys I am new to this board and have been reading a lot due to getting a call from the dealer that i need a replacement FICM at a cost of 1500.00... My truck from what I know has not had any recalls or TSB's adressed except for an EGR issue. I recently had a no start issue and quickly went to check after the FICM, after unbolting it to get it off to check the connectors I noticed the center connector was completely off. Will this cause a short that can damage the FICM? I saw a recall on the connectors having shields installed but the dealer tell me there is no such thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here she is

·
Decorated Deer Killer
273 Posts
Was the connector busted or just uncliped?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
the middle connector runs 4 injectors. That would probably be why it didn't start. Did you try just plugging it back in? I've read that batteries being weak can damage the FICM's over time, not sure if it's true, but if it is, seems like having a partial connection could possibly do the same thing. I'd ask for it back and check it yourself, they're really easy to check. Just search for it on here.

If you know your way around a soldering iron and have a VERY steady hand you can fix it yourself too, or send it somewhere and have it fixed, it's a fraction of the cost of the new one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the middle connector runs 4 injectors. That would probably be why it didn't start. Did you try just plugging it back in? I've read that batteries being weak can damage the FICM's over time, not sure if it's true, but if it is, seems like having a partial connection could possibly do the same thing. I'd ask for it back and check it yourself, they're really easy to check. Just search for it on here.

If you know your way around a soldering iron and have a VERY steady hand you can fix it yourself too, or send it somewhere and have it fixed, it's a fraction of the cost of the new one.
I did plug it back in to no success, i made sure the batteries were plenty charged, i couldn't even hear the injector buzz or anything.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Definitely sounds like a dead FICM. Nice harley truck btw! Love those ones with the simple orange pin stripe. One of my favorite body styles of mustangs too. Love it.

I

·
0 Posts
I think you can buy one from a vendor on here for a lot less than that.. Check Swamps...

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Agreed, there are a few options for less than that! Even the Ford house sells the half shell for like $450 now... can't believe they're trying to sell you an entire unit.

·
Decorated Deer Killer
273 Posts
My FICM went out on me ferd wanted 1500 also I got mine from swamps went with the 58v. It wasnt a bad deal at all, after the core refund I think I paid like 500. I didnt do the 58v mod myself because if you screw it up you cant use it as a core. I personally feel that doing it the way i did was the best way because all in all I couldnt screw it up plus i got a warranty.

·
CH-46 never forgoten
117 Posts
can you or anyone explain how to do this

·
CH-46 never forgoten
117 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts