Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 6.0 f250 Was running fine went out to start the other morning. would barely run coming up with code p0262 271 277 280. Dealer says bad ficm to start 1400 to replace.. Any ideas and who fixes the ficm for this problem. I see everyone fixing them for the low current. Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
05 6.0 f250 Was running fine went out to start the other morning. would barely run coming up with code p0262 271 277 280. Dealer says bad ficm to start 1400 to replace.. Any ideas and who fixes the ficm for this problem. I see everyone fixing them for the low current. Thanks
keep good batteries in it because there are a lot of FICM problems coming up all of these trucks that are 5-6 years old and the batteries are starting to go not like the old 7.3 mine lasted 12 years these will only last about 5 and they come stock with a 750CCA batteries i would put in nothing less than a 850CCA battery. The price of a new ficm around $1100 plus or you can have your rebuilt at BPD Repair Ford FICM Module for $300
or--- FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair
Info here http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6.0L_FICM_Guide.pdf
Some have had good luck here
6.0 DIESEL POWERSTROKE FORD FUEL INJECTOR CONTROL MODULE FICM F250-550 ECONOLINE | eBay
I hard wired a Battery Tender Plus into the passerengerside battery had to get new nuts and bolts because the stock ones get screwed up removing then when it set for a long time i just plug it in they come with 2 sets one a clip and the other to hard wire then i just set it up by the AC unit plug in close the hood, keeps them charged at 100% all the time when it sets.
***12 VOLT BATTERY TENDER PLUS BRAND NEW STOCK 220128* | eBay
Checking the FICM

2 stroker

·
Registered
72 Posts
i sent mine to the guys at circuit boards medics.com they have a facebook page too. great people

1 - 5 of 5 Posts