Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, back here again... I still havent gotten a new tune and resolved the shift flare problem with RCD's tune but my truck hasnt wanted to start so i got it scanned. all 8 cylinders came up along with the FICM. all the injectors passed and it all points to the FICM. where can i get one? what do i have to do as far as getting it loaded or flashed? does a ford garage have to flash it?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Swamps Diesel. Take a volt meter and check the voltage output first to make sure its bad. Pull the small cover on the ficm its two t-20 screws. Take the volt meter and check the screw closet to driver fender, ground the meter to the negative on the battery. When you turn the key on it should be 48vlts. It can be lower but once it gets under 40 it will be hard to start. you may need to crank the engine over to see a drop in the voltage. If your ficm is a 7 screw its the first screw next to the turbo in the 4 screw row.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
if you dont think u have what it takes to repair it there are a few floatin around here in the classifieds

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can get it put in, but im clueless on it. do i have to have it reprogrammed for my truck or will it already be programmed? sorry for the dumb questions but im clueless with electrical probs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
From Ford its 700 plus 100 core. For a stock version from Swamps is 360 shipped and insured. They are not new units but repaired to better than stock. Give them a call and talk to Johnathan or Dave. The problem is the solder used in the ficm is junk it gets hot and flows away form the leads.

To be safe make sure you check yours for voltage drop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts