Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, i was reading on diesel power that an option to upgrade the 6.0's is a FICM upgrade and Elite Diesel does this. has anyone heard of it? its not a custom tune or anything but they take your FICM and flash it for more HP. not really sure what all is involved but any info would be great. thanks

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
i'd go with Innovative or PHP FICM tuning, you have to send it in to flash it or you can give a deposit to flash it yourself when they send you the device.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I also have Innovative Diesel's moderate FICM and it's awesome. Highly recommend getting it from Innovative Diesel.

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
Ive got PHP's love it

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
Deposit is 350 bucks IIRC Tune is 150

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was quoted $150 from innovative...not sure how you got $620 without a whole new ficm.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know IDP will just tune your ficm and i believe everyone else will do that as well. Just shoot who ever you wanna use an email and I'd say they will confirm this.

·
Registered
922 Posts
PHP can also do the ecm as well. depending on your flash you might want the ecm rollback as well

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
$150 is only for a flash...

the 58v upgrade is done when you buy the new ficm from them, the internal boards are upgraded to withstand higher voltage

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
so you give them 500 they send you the programmer and then when flash your truck you send it back and you get your 350 back also?
Correct.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
WEll at $620 from innovative I will pass on them.

This guy is higly rated for repair. I have no experience with him, just word of web.
FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair
Im interested in doing that and PHP tune some day in the long future.
Not sure where you got $620 from, but i've had two FICM's done at ID and each one only cost me $200 a piece to have tuned. The one in my truck has the moderate tuning and the one i did for my buddy has the mild tuning. All i did was send them the FICM and about a week later i had it back.

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
Not sure where you got $620 from, but i've had two FICM's done at ID and each one only cost me $200 a piece to have tuned. The one in my truck has the moderate tuning and the one i did for my buddy has the mild tuning. All i did was send them the FICM and about a week later i had it back.
I think that 620$ includes the core charge.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts