Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Media Mushroom Stamp
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a new hood from my truck. The ones I like are either carbon fiber or fiberglass. I;ve heard rumors that fiberglass painted does not look like steel painted even though they are the same paint color. I've also heard carbon fiber is easy to paint. Lastly, is there anyone that makes a decent priced cowl hood in steel?

·
Registered
211 Posts
if the 'glass is quality and the paint job is quality you will nver know the difference. ill look for a pic of my mustang's hoos and see if you can tell a difference

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
if the 'glass is quality and the paint job is quality you will nver know the difference. ill look for a pic of my mustang's hoos and see if you can tell a difference
:whs:

As long as the prep is right you will never know

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
being in the fiberglass business I can tell you that fiberglass prepped correctly you would never be able to tell the difference. and the carbon hoods are very outragous price wise for the most part. Another funny thing a lot of "Carbon hoods" are truely not carbon. They may be fiberglass with 1 piece of carbon cloth overlay on them which a lot seem to be now adays from a shear cost stand point ( real carbon is ungodly high price wise) Also a lot of the carbon hoods may have steel ribbing underneth of them ( when you look on the bottom side it is metal with only the top being carbon. No matter what you end up buying just do your homework before you spend that much to make sure you are really getting what you pay for

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Personally. CERVINI is the ONLY hood that will ever go on my trucks. I have had 4 and pleased with every one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts