Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, not sure if anyone has the answer but figured i'd ask. Im looking to fiberglass up a bottom piece for a sub box so that it sits flush with the floor where it rises up under the back seat of my supercab.

I know it can be done where you put something on the floor and fiberglass over it then after the fiberglass hardens you pull it up, but I cant remember where I saw it or exactly how to do it. If anyone can chime in that would be great thanks guys

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Get some blue painters tape and aluminum foil

1 layer of tape bigger than your area by 4+ inches going one way then another layer going the other way. Then add a layer of aluminum foil. The foil acts as a release and a layer of pretection for your carpet. You will want to layup the fiberglass a few inches bigger than your final product and then trim the fiberglass panel after you pull it from the truck. Some plastic trash bags or whatever wouldn't be a bad idea for covering the rest of the floor and maybe seats just in case.

You will want to do about 3 layers before you release the fiberglass from the floor, then you can add a few more layers till its good and strong 7 should be good but all depends on size and shape of the object. The more curves you can have the better/stronger the fiberglass will be.

Lots of good info on these sort of projects can be found on various audio sites but probably the best for ya would be Fiberglass Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Not sure how familiar you are with working with fiberglass, I'm by no means a master but made a few things out of it if you want any tips/tricks otherwise if you already know them then good luck, and post up some pics if you can

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Saran wrap and Great stuff (canned expansion foam) is great for making molds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts