Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today i was scoping around on craigslist for superduties and i found this 03, 6 liter for 5500 bucks has 69k on it, says it needs an egr cooler. how can i be positive it is JUST the egr cooler and nothing else? i wouldnt replace it i would just delete it all together for 300 bucks but i want to make sure if i sell my truck it will be enough to purchase the new truck and have the extra money to do the delete kit. i dont want to sell mine and buy this truck that supposedly needs an "egr cooler" and have it end up being something more expensive. should i replace the oil cooler as well if the has egr failed? thanks in advance

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't know of a way to verify that it is just an the egr cooler but yes you should always replace the oil cooler when an egr failuar happens. I would say if it has the few miles on it and they are only asking 5500 for it then there is a lot more wrong then just the egr cooler being bad. I'd run as fast as I could from that truck.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
darnit i thought i was finally going to be able to ditch the old idi for a stroke. oh well if its more trouble then its worth then i sure as hell dont want it, i need a reliable truck to get back and forth to school for the next 3 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts