Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With AE what all can you do besides the regular read/clear codes do KEOER/KOEO test and view what sensors are doing can you trigger certain things like wastegate% and VGT solinoid% or increar ICP% to find problems or is it just like most other matco readers ive delt with?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You can't do wastegate%

You can recalibrate your speedo for larger tire size. You can monitor tons of different sensors. Too many to list..

KOEO, KOER, Buzz test, cylinder contribution test... and you can pull codes...

Tools

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
You can calibrate your speedometer, run contribution test, etc. But its just a scan tool so it should compare the same to most scan tools.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the ford bundle worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hey guys I have a quick question too, if you don't mind. Can you do Output state control with AE? Like can you lock/unlock doors with AE? I used to be able to do this with IDS and was wondering if AE can do it too. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Have not tried that, but I know you can observe things like for example, when the brake pedal is depressed... etc... so might beable to see that the doors are being unlocked??

·
Registered
62 Posts
How about if you buy it, plus get the ford bundle will it also work on other vehicles? I have a Honda now and I wouldn't mind being able to clear the codes or even read them from time to time. Unless I should go with something else all together for other brands?

I guess who uses this for multi-brand operation?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
How about if you buy it, plus get the ford bundle will it also work on other vehicles? I have a Honda now and I wouldn't mind being able to clear the codes or even read them from time to time. Unless I should go with something else all together for other brands?

I guess who uses this for multi-brand operation?
Yes, but only for generic codes. Like P0 codes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have AE with the ford bundle and I do not see anywhere to recalibrate the speedo. It has alot of features that say "except on diesel applications". I am still learning to use it and it is a great tool for trouble shooting problems.
If someone knows how to recalibrate the speedo with AE, please share the info. Maybe it is different on the 6.0
It is worth the investment!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I have AE with the ford bundle and I do not see anywhere to recalibrate the speedo. It has alot of features that say "except on diesel applications". I am still learning to use it and it is a great tool for trouble shooting problems.
If someone knows how to recalibrate the speedo with AE, please share the info. Maybe it is different on the 6.0
It is worth the investment!

From what I have read it doesn't work on 6.0's. I have not tried it though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts