Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off my flares a few months ago. Any body have any leads on good chemical removers? Looks like the post below says something about an eraser wheel, but I'm looking for a chemical fix on the cheap. It's just a few spots where the 3m adhesive didn't come off, so nothing big, but still hard tonget off. Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
480 Posts
A little paint thinner will soffen up the glue and a little bit of rubbing and it will come right off..

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I would use WD-40 as I'd be worried about what paint thinner would do to the finish. I've used WD-40 lots of times to remove road tar and adhesive from stickers.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
3M Adhesive Remover, you can buy it at NAPA or just about any other parts store.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I am real hesitant to use any chemical compounds. I have had bad experiences with some chemicals that were paint friendly. The erasure actually is the quickest remedy I have seen yet. I have taken several 3M stainless rocker panels off and it works great. No paint damage, you would be surprised at how fast it works.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Factory paint will not be damaged by those chemicals, only lesser aftermarket paint compounds like lacquer or enamel would be. I have used 3M Adhesive Remover, Lacquer Thinner, and Mineral Spirits and none have done any harm to factory paint on my Super Duty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Believe it or not Goof Off Gel works great with no problems to the clear coat or paint. just go easy with it as a little works well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with layson, I purchased the 3m eraser for my drill and it takes anything off windows or paint without damaging the surface. You can buy it at napa for around 30 dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts