Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anti-Obama Sign In California Taken Down After Negative Reaction - cbs2chicago.com

An anti-Obama sign that had sparked an investigation after being placed near a busy California highway was removed overnight just as local and federal investigators were looking into whether the sign and its almost-obscene phrases was a crime.

The sign along Highway 99 in Acampo, Calif., switched letters between words to avoid outright profanity, reading: "Obama = Niggardly," "Hurts small biz," "Buck Ofama," with a sign on the side that reads "Gone fish'n." It's unclear who took the sign down.

Although the sign didn't display actual racial epithets -- the word "niggardly" is defined by dictionaries as "stingy" -- the restaurant owner who rents the property told CBS station KOVR-TV she was concerned that she will be blamed for its implications.

"We didn't hang the sign," said K&D Brew-Thru owner Claudia Silva. "It probably looks bad because we're closing the business right now."

·
Registered
845 Posts
:hehe: Good for whoever did it. At least they were smart about it and didn't threaten the president. IIRC is a federal crime.
Yep, It's a felony. Even if you don't mean it.....

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Yep, It's a felony. Even if you don't mean it.....
Yeah, I was quick to edit a few posts on a forum that I'm a mod on, I know the guys were just joking around, but cleaned it up and sent them a PM, posted the law for them to see. They don't take that crap lightly and don't care if it was a joke.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Yeah, I was quick to edit a few posts on a forum that I'm a mod on...............
Say what?!?! :eek:

You're a mod?!?! :doh:

Maybe I should join..........they obviously have low standards. LOL

J/K :D

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Say what?!?! :eek:

You're a mod?!?! :doh:

Maybe I should join..........they obviously have low standards. LOL

J/K :D
Come on over, your views would be well liked considering it is probably 95% business owners, you would go crying to your mommy LOL:poke:

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Come on over, your views would be well liked considering it is probably 95% business owners, you would go crying to your mommy.
There's no crying in railroading. ;)

Besides, my Mom is dead. :shrug:

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
speaking of, I have seen this in about 3 different threads in the last couple of days, did Curtis get kidnapped by aliens?
I'm still around... kinda.

Got family in town, so I'm not forum whoring. Besides, it looks like I don't need to say anything anyway. You guys already sniffed out the BS in that post. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts