Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been looking into getting some tires, I'm stuck between the Nitto Trail Grapplers and the Federal Couragia M/T's. The Federal's are priced very well, about $400 less than the Nitto's for a set...

What is your experience with them?

·
Poor Farmer
332 Posts
I'm running them on my truck and so far there wearing good. They are rather noisy but not bad imho. So far I'd say there definitely worth the money. Only bad I can think of is there rock throwing sumbiches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just don't buy any 6ply for your lighter trucks, they have a bad habit of cracking by the side lugs and leaking. I ran a tire store and saw alot of these come through. I never saw a 10ply crack, they put enough rubber in them I guess.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i bought a set and got the 8 plies i belive (285 75 16) and hauled a lot of wood in my 3/4 ton, ran 50psi of air in them and all the side lugs split down the sides, they ended up blowing out and leaving me stranded on the highway because i only had one spare. performance wise, they worked excelent up until they blew. great in the winter, tad loud, but not too bad over the diesel.

oh, and the place i bought them from only offered a manufacter warrenty, so they wouldnt help me at all with them.

if i were to give any advise, id say buy em from somewhere that offers a warrenty like discount tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts