Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been lurking around here for a little while and I have a question. I am looking to do some fuel upgrades and I am thinking of doing a FASS system followed by a regulated return. I am pretty confident in the regulated return from ITP, but I was wanting to hear from anyone who is running a FASS system how they like it and what kind of results can be expected. I think I am going to go with the 150/95...sound good?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I would do a reg. return fuel system and in-tank/pre-pump mods first. If you still have stock injectors I don't know that you will gain that much from doing the FASS.

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Check out the Airdog from ITP. much cheaper unit than FASS

·
Registered
2,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I do believe they are identical in design the Fass Dude is Airdog's son.
They are far from identical except in principle. The Airdog is a lift pump and you will still need your OEM pump to get to whatever psi your injectors like. The FASS has the high pressure pump built in. That said, there have been some growing pains with the FASS not to mention unsavory lawsuits between father and son. The FASS is the noisy one that shipped with the incorrect springs to maintain the correct pressure in the PSD. Apparently, they will perform some kind of mod to the FASS to quiet it down and if the springs are wrong the vendor should be able to send you the correct one.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I am very happy with my AirDog. Getting the air out of the fuel was my first concern and it works great. With my set up I can go WOT and not loose fuel pressure now. If I go to larger injectors someday I can put on a high pressure pump, 2 micron filter and larger lines. For now it cleared the problem I was having on the top end. AIR was tjhe biggest problem.

I would thing if you have stock injectors the AirDog would be a better fit. Call Dennis at ITP. He can explain it very well.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
They are far from identical except in principle. The Airdog is a lift pump and you will still need your OEM pump to get to whatever psi your injectors like. The FASS has the high pressure pump built in. That said, there have been some growing pains with the FASS not to mention unsavory lawsuits between father and son. The FASS is the noisy one that shipped with the incorrect springs to maintain the correct pressure in the PSD. Apparently, they will perform some kind of mod to the FASS to quiet it down and if the springs are wrong the vendor should be able to send you the correct one.

looks like Airdog has an alt to the FASS.

SUPERDOG!

http://www.dieseldistributorsusa.com/SuperDog_250_Fuel_System_p/sd250.htm

·
Registered
987 Posts
I think with that you still need a HP pump and a 2 micron filter if you are going to get rid of the OEM fuel bowl. Also you would increase the size of your fuel lines.
Correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts