Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
Re: Fass Pump

that doesnt look good...... i have been through three fass pumps now in probably about the same miles as you have.....

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

Is the pump isolated from the fuel on the FASS. That looks damn ugly where are all the wear particles from?

I move your post to aftermarket and edited the title to make it more descriptive Jason.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Is the pump isolated from the fuel on the FASS. That looks damn ugly where are all the wear particles from?

I move your post to aftermarket and edited the title to make it more descriptive Jason.
Thanks Tom, what happened was the fuse melted as I was driving. So I put a new fuse in and with in seconds it would get burning hot so after I checked all the wiring I pulled the pump. Pulled the pump checked it and figured the metal particles were causing it to short so I cleaned every thing reassembled and truck ran fine for about 5 min then melted another fuse :doh:. Got one coming in the mail.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I thought about that but look where the wire connects to the brush and the armature is not grooved.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Soundsl like your were out in the middle of nowhere and did what you could to get home to me....:poke:

·
Registered
23 Posts
So has there really been alot of failures of the pumps on the FASS units? The last I read up on them they were decent, but then again that wasn't too long after they came out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts