Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a fass fuel system installed on my truck and had some questions. what pressure does the pump need to supply the HPFP? I am getting a 150GPH pump. I thought I read somewhere that the pressure was only supposed to be around 8 PSI on these low pressure fuel systems...

The shop says we can easily change the pressure by different springs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok on the 6.0's was the pressure supposed to be that high or something? maybe thats what he is basing it off of.

Also The fass unit gets rid of the frame mounted filter but not the one under the hood. Is the Airdog set up the same?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Yes, the Air Dog II bypasses the stock LPFP. It pumps from the tank to the fuel bowl, not from the tank to the HPFP. The Elite Stage II LPFP is the only one that pumps from tank to the HPFP. I actually didn't know that FASS had anything out. I remember them having their beta units out, but didn't know that finally got one out on the market.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I havnt heard anyone with one yet.... But the shop I get work done at is real good friends with the owner of fass because he is located here in missouri. When we were looking at the order sheet they had a 95GPH and a 150 GPH pump listed. It is their platinum pump. Online I find that they only use 3/8" lines when the Air dog uses 1/2"...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be adding ELite HPFP and possibly the 60Hp injectors soon... witll the fass pump be able to supply the Hpfp with enough fuel?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
The stock pump seems to supply enough running the 310 tune. I didn't gain anything out of my Air Dog running the the 310 tune. Same dyno, before and after the pump, no major gains at all. I know my Air Dog would be enough to run the Elite HPFP and 60 horse nozzles. My guess is that FASS will work the same way.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Pretty much what you will have to do is just make sure that at WOT 100% load that the supply pressure is above 1psi, a 150 gph pump should do it i would bet. Idealy you would want to maintain 10psi or so all the time to optimize everything, but i would be willing to bet that a 150 will keep up with anything a single HPFP will need. Dual fuelers will be a completely different story though.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I will be adding ELite HPFP and possibly the 60Hp injectors soon... witll the fass pump be able to supply the Hpfp with enough fuel?
The pump can flow enough, but I wouldn't be so sure about that 3/8" line being big enough.

Dave

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
i have my areomotive set at 15psi but you definalty dont want 60psi the higher the preasure the lower the flow rate, the 150gph is prolly now were near 60psi if you look into the stats on the pump

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Will I need to get any custom tunes to clear any possible codes thrown by the system?
I get codes running my Air Dog. I have to clear them twice if I let the pump run to long with the truck not running (tune changing). If they only get cleared once, the truck will just turn over and over and over. Not sure how the FASS will work though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts