Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crap, my fan clutch disected itself Friday evening on the way home from Whiteman, AFB. Must have been fairly close to home when it happened. Saw a puddle of coolant under the truck Saturday morning. Thought, ok, one of the lines to my coolant filter is leaking maybe.... nope. Ok Hose? But it is wet all along the bottom of the radiator... crap. Pulled the shroud loose at the top,,and lo and behold half my fan clutch was sitting in the corner of the shroud with a dent in the radiator fins by it.....
Sooo, going after about 500.00 worth of parts this morning....:mad:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radiator and fan clutch,,,:confused:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That sucks.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
My radiator has held with JB weld for over a year. Just crimped the passage and filled the area with the JB weld.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Why not invest in an electric fan set-up since it's already broke?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My radiator has held with JB weld for over a year. Just crimped the passage and filled the area with the JB weld.

Not for me,, maybe yours has held,, but it's not a correct fix. And I need a dependable vehicle, not one where I have a puckered butt hole worring about any "Rigged" fixes giving up on me on every trip.

I got a great price on the radiator and clutch from my local Ford parts guy, (He gives me a GM discount!) Anyway, got the Radiator for 225.00 it listed for 335.00, I got the clutch for 181.00 and it listed for 290.00 I think!
So, after it's all over and done with I got it back on the road for about 460.00 after two more gallons of Fleetrite ELC.
Oh well, it's cheaper than a truck payment! It's low mileage compared to some, still just a tick under 200,000!
It's all good!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
I haven't done much reading on them, are they no good to tow with?

I figured with a comparable or higher CFM rating the motor wouldn't know a difference aside from a lack of drag.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Most limit you to 12-15k GVW... I cant even tow my flat bed at that weight...

In fact, I think all but one are no longer being made...

·
Registered
987 Posts
hmmm... Good to know!

·
Hoosier daddy!
1,700 Posts
"So, after it's all over and done with I got it back on the road for about 460.00 after two more gallons of Fleetrite ELC.
Oh well, it's cheaper than a truck payment! It's low mileage compared to some, still just a tick under 200,000!
It's all good!"

How the heck much is your truck payment??? If mine was more than $460 a month and I'd be living in cardboard box down by the river. :D

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
How the heck much is your truck payment??? If mine was more than $460 a month and I'd be living in cardboard box down by the river. :D
I think he was saying, that maintenance cost on a payed off truck is better than having a truck payment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts