Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 6.4 has 133,000 miles, 09/07 job 2 truck. After about an hour of searching with no luck this is my question. Weather its a cold start up or running at full temp sounds like the clutch fan engages & disengages about ever 7-8 seconds, does not seem to bother or engage while diving no loss of power or anything just loud on idle.

Temp gauge sets right in the center of the gauge at all times

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
What is your coolant level? Mine was doing this the day after I purchased it. Ended up replacing both radiator hoses due to leak and topped it off with coolant and it hasnt done it since. I wouldnt put to much stock in that temp gauge either

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It if full, I checked it then drove 1100 miles in two days (La. to Mi.) & its still full no leaks, ran perfect all the way home.

I agree with you on not trusting the stock gauge but its a good guideline anyway.

thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just went through this the other day. Disconnect the electrical connector to the fan. If it is still doing it, it is the clutch fan. if it is not, then check the wiring to the pcm. Make sure the truck is now a "plow prep" truck. They did some squirly things with fan clutch hardware on Job 2 trucks based on field complaints of overheating on Job 1 trucks with snow plows.

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thank you!!

I understand the PM now haha, Ill talk to Denny tomorrow.

Thanks you again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts