Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cannot figure out how to get this damn fan clutch off. I know how your suppose to do it but they guy that owned the truck before me gummed up the #### so bad I cannot get anything to hold tight enough to get it off. Any suggestions?
I thought about just takin a saws all to it and put in electric fans... thoughts?

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you do get it off and need another one I have one for sale, it came off a 02 with 60k. PM me if interested Sorry no suggestions on fixing a dumba&& mistake someone made good luck.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You can't get a wrench on the fan clutch bolt? Is it rounded off? Some here have used an air hammer. I have not. I have had good luck with a crescent wrench and large rubber strap wrench.. The kind you use on large stuck oil filters. It has worked the last two times for me.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the fan tools and have been trying with a pipe on the end of it. The problem is that it is so rounded off i cannot grab it. I took my buddies off with the same tools and used a pipe to torque it no problem but with it being rounded off and tight in there I cannot get anything in there to grab it well enough.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Big pipe wrench, and a three lb single jack. put the pipe wrench on sticking straight up. Smack it with the single jack. Might have to hit it three or four times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts