Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what to trouble shoot first here. Heres the story. Truck has been running fine here lately but noticed it has been smokey at idle. Not enough to see but you can smell it even when fully warmed up. But still running just fine.

Today it popped on the SES light and starting running like it dropped a injector. I went home and hooked up my AE. It had the code (P0272 Cylinder 4 inj. circuit contribution / balance fault) when I ran a test. Ran a buzz test and #4 is very quiet compared to the others. It failed on the Buzz test on Cylinders #4 and #6 but 4 was the only real quiet one. I'm gonna check the VC harness as it came lose before on me but this sounds like it could be something different.

Any opinions on what to do next. Never tackled injector job but I am very capable of it I am sure. I just hate working on my Daily driver so I just work on quads. The worst part about my truck is the lift makes it a PITA to get under the Hood:doh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well that was easy just the harness under the cover came loose. I'll have to get that clip from ford before I put this back together. Runs fine now. Did a contribution test and it just came up with number 3 inj fail but it always does that after putting in the grey CPS. Any one still sell the black ones or are they a thing of the past?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts