1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
etrailer.com

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Price out an entire (new) engine harness and you might come to think that those connectors are inexpensive.

At least they are available for the Cummins engine. I wish I could find all the Ford connectors I want.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Price out an entire (new) engine harness and you might come to think that those connectors are inexpensive.

At least they are available for the Cummins engine. I wish I could find all the Ford connectors I want.
Ford sells just about every connector you'll find on a Ford. At the parts count there should be a book that shows them all in detail.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ford sells just about every connector you'll find on a Ford. At the parts count there should be a book that shows them all in detail.
Often I need the connector gender that is on a control module. You might be able to get the connector that connects to it, but not the gender that is on the module itself. Example, the connector on the 6R140 transmission control module, C1750 for a 2011 truck.

FWIW, no parts counter that I dealt with (which was several) could find me the connector itself to connect to the body of a 6R140 transmission. Its connector C1623. I had to buy the entire harness that connected to it. Luckily it wasn't that expensive and it was handy having the rest of it anyway.

Hunting down connectors is all part of the fun. I call it the homework phase of the swap.

·
Coal Blower
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Often I need the connector gender that is on a control module. You might be able to get the connector that connects to it, but not the gender that is on the module itself. Example, the connector on the 6R140 transmission control module, C1750 for a 2011 truck.

FWIW, no parts counter that I dealt with (which was several) could find me the connector itself to connect to the body of a 6R140 transmission. Its connector C1623. I had to buy the entire harness that connected to it. Luckily it wasn't that expensive and it was handy having the rest of it anyway.

Hunting down connectors is all part of the fun. I call it the homework phase of the swap.
Yup, the homework part is the pain the butt. But that's why we get paid the big bucks.....

er.... we don't get paid, do we?:doh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts