Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will adding another cooler from a parted out vehicle help or just be a wast of time! Im talking about the little ones! 4"by 10"!
all i pull is a 13' flat bed with green wood! and next summer a 35' camper out west is in the works!! thanks!

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
you have a aftermarket cooler on there or something?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Im guessing he means adding a external trans cooler. Mine had a cheapo from auto zone but I will be hooking up a new el cheapo one the right way since the temps did rise when I was idleing at lights in the summer.
They dont come stock with a cooler. So adding another one?! I was asking if he already had one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there is one on the truck! a small one! would it be worth the time too add a second one! my budget wont allow me to by a big one like i want! already have another one from a ford van i parted out! I saw no problem adding a second one for more surface area!! thought id ask you guys! thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Yes there is one on the truck! a small one! would it be worth the time too add a second one! my budget wont allow me to by a big one like i want! already have another one from a ford van i parted out! I saw no problem adding a second one for more surface area!! thought id ask you guys! thanks again!!
There would be no problem in added a second one. Just be sure to run the return from the stock cooler to the aux cooler then from the aux cooler to the trans.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
so do the sd but they just go in and out they dont cool much. I would get rid of the cooler you have now and go to a 6.0 cooler, they are much better and cheap!

·
Fummins 6.0
100 Posts
no its not going to hurt, will you see a big difference,... probably not, but it will help some. and dont forget to top off fluid when your done. but why do you need a aux trans cooler. are you towing that much?

·
Fummins 6.0
100 Posts
I would say if your wanting to do this because your preparing for next year ok whatever but if pulling a 13' trailer with some wood and your tranny is getting warm you've got bigger problems .

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fummins 6.0, I'm a little rattled about all the chatter about the factory E4od going out the door when you start playing hard with them! my rig has little over 140k I just know that if you keep them kool they'll last longer!!:ford:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts