Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put cab lights on my truck that was not originally equipt with them. I bought a kit that has factory lights and a factory harness.

My question is, which side is the harness on, passenger or driver side. And is there a plug for the harness, and where is it located?

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

·
Registered
580 Posts
Pretty sure it starts around the light switch, goes up the driver's a pillar and then over underneath the headliner to the passenger side.

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was guessing something like that, I just figured I would ask before I pulled half the dash apart to find out it was on the other side or something odd. I am guessing it (the harness) will plug into the back of the headlight switch?? Maybe?? Maybe Not??

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
might be different on yours than mine but on my 05 it runs up the passenger side. was a little odd to me but I have no factory wires going up the drivers side.

·
Stimulated
1,430 Posts
There's a plug in the passenger side kick panel. If you have the factory wires, it'll plug right in.

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellers!!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think these guys know what they are talking about. When I installed my guages I don't remember anything in the drivers side A pillar. Never try to out guess a factory harness!! Common sense does not apply

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
There's a plug in the passenger side kick panel. If you have the factory wires, it'll plug right in.
Does this apply as well if you have the Recon cab lights install kit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent post SHAW!,
I'm on it now in July. I'll follow the same steps. THX!

Tom

·
Registered
374 Posts
With the recons I just stripped the ends of the recon wires and slid them into the plug holes where the factory wires were and that worked.

·
Stimulated
1,430 Posts
With the recons I just stripped the ends of the recon wires and slid them into the plug holes where the factory wires were and that worked.
That's exactly how I did mine. I wrapped that sucker in electrical tape too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts