Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PMS medication required
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what years the factory anti theft was available? I know it was an option in 95 but what about 96 and 97?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
If it was available in 95 then I would bet it was available in 96 and 97

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anti-theft in 94&95. Keyless entry in 96&97. 94&95 had the theft light in the dash. Other than that I don't think there is much difference.

·
PMS medication required
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anti-theft in 94&95. Keyless entry in 96&97. 94&95 had the theft light in the dash. Other than that I don't think there is much difference.
Factory keyless entry was available in 95. My previous truck was a 95 F250 and it had keyless entry and anti theft. One of the functions I miss from that setup is that if you forgot and left the glove box open or the engine hood up the power would be shutoff after so many minutes to prevent battery drain.

I know that keyless entry was available in 96 and 97 but I was hoping to confirm if the anti theft was also available. Anyone here have 96 or 97 with factory anti theft? You would probably also have the keyless entry module.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
my 97 has keyless entry, when you tap the lock twice the lights will flash. Or if you hit the panic button all the lights will flash as well. Damnole horn don't work on mine so it's just a silent strobe effect. :mad: Can't say I've ever tripped an anti theft of any kinda while I've messed with it though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
^ Same here on the never tripping anything part. I wonder what exactly will set if off? If I unlock my door reaching in by hand and open it after locking it with the button, it won't go off. I know my step brother's '98 ranger will sound an alarm doing that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts