·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do they compare to OUO or PMF?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a set on my lifted 06 and they worked great no issues. They have two styles of front mounts as w ell for clearance if needed. My oldest son has a set that has been on his truck for over 100,000 miles with no issues. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
They may work okay, but the OP asked how they compared to OUO and PMF. There is no comparison. Look at the design of each. You will know which sets truly work. I have a buddy with Fabtech bars on his Duramax and he says they suck. They are basically there for looks.

·
diesel fiend
338 Posts
I have had my Fabtech's on with a 12" lift and 38's for over 100,000 miles and can say after all the towing, off roading and burnouts I have put them through that they are tough as hell and work great .

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
What are yall running them on? You've got to look at the power put down along with increased axle wrap vs 6.0s and 7.3s

·
diesel fiend
338 Posts
I have plenty of leverage on mine with 8" springs and a 4" block ,4:56 gears and my tuner on the hot tow setting all the time .

·
Administrator
33,016 Posts
Fabtech for looks ? thats a ridiculous statement
specially after seeing a guy on here waste a day putting PMF radius arm drops on his truck that were made wrong ,

While Fabtech may not compare to the other two brands is some folks minds?? they are way more reasonably priced and they prevent axle wrap just fine and still allow decent articulation thanks to the front shackle In my experiance .
but anytime OUO or PMF is brought up the vultures start to circle and ruin a perfectly good thread:doh:

while Fabtech might not be the "Rolex" it doesn't mean a "Timex" wont work fine LOL

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
How do they compare to OUO or PMF?
This was the original question asked.
Fabtech for looks ? thats a ridiculous statement
specially after seeing a guy on here waste a day putting PMF radius arm drops on his truck that were made wrong ,

While Fabtech may not compare to the other two brands is some folks minds?? they are way more reasonably priced and they prevent axle wrap just fine and still allow decent articulation thanks to the front shackle In my experiance .
but anytime OUO or PMF is brought up the vultures start to circle and ruin a perfectly good thread:doh:

while Fabtech might not be the "Rolex" it doesn't mean a "Timex" wont work fine LOL
Well I agree with you partially. Ya the fabtech bars prevent axle wrap. And yes they allow articulation. When I ran mine on just a tune they were fine. So yes they work. But the op asked how they compare to ouo or pmf. Pmf and ouo are way overbuilt to just name one difference. Could more ppl run fabtech bars with success, of course they could but ppl choose what gives them warm fuzzy feelings inside whether that's pmf, ouo, fabtech, cal tracs and so on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts