Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The F8 chip is a combination of the F5 and F6 technology with a few tweaks to the processes of chip burning. A rotary knob is used for selecting through 8 tunes. It is recommended for the person who does their own tuning or a business that offers their own tuning and chips to their customers.

The Desiny Programmer is the chip burner you will use with your F8 to reburn it right in the vehicle if have your own tunes to upload or tunes from your tuner on your laptop. Again simuliar to the F6 technology. You do not have to purchase the Destiny programmer if you don't want it or need it. Resellers will have that option.

These 2 products will be offered to everyone. You will be able to purchase it from us with Jody's tunes on it or use with the new DataTuning software already in development to create you own tunes. Resellers will be able to put their own tunes on it as well. The F8 and Destiny Programmer can be used on any Ford EEC-IV or EEC-V equipped vehicle. This is not limited to 7.3l diesel trucks.

For additional information call either Jody, James or myself if you have any questions. This is new and not much information will be available online to discuss.

Cost will be finalized soon. I will post pictures when graphics are finished.

Thanks everyone!

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Definitely interested. Do you know what the end cost is for the consumer is going to be yet?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Cool. Jody told me about this back in March when I had his undivided attention for 3 hours. Sounds like is will be a nice package.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any updates? I had saved up a lot of pennies to get an F6 now reading about this I have to wait, and it is killing me.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any updates? I had saved up a lot of pennies to get an F6 now reading about this I have to wait, and it is killing me.
Why wait? The F8 will not be the same as the F6. No ETA yet, still working on one detail. ;)

Diane

·
Clyde's got it
73 Posts
Y'all gonna give us a trade in on the F6's :poke:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Diane-

Under the "Emissions Compliant Products" section of your website it is written

Our F8 chip is allowed to be reprogrammed by other tuning companies and will not meet the CARB Standards. Each individual company will be responsible for having their programming listed with CARB if they so desire.

Is it safe to assume that the programs put on the F8 by Jody will be CARB Compliant, and come with that sticker? I am one of the unfortunate and am stuck here in California for the next three years while my wife finishes up her schooling.

If not a rotary knob is pretty easy to hide.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Diane-

Under the "Emissions Compliant Products" section of your website it is written

Our F8 chip is allowed to be reprogrammed by other tuning companies and will not meet the CARB Standards. Each individual company will be responsible for having their programming listed with CARB if they so desire.

Is it safe to assume that the programs put on the F8 by Jody will be CARB Compliant, and come with that sticker? I am one of the unfortunate and am stuck here in California for the next three years while my wife finishes up her schooling.

If not a rotary knob is pretty easy to hide.
The f8 was not in existance when we applied for carb certification. There will be a sticker with an exemption number on the f5 and f6. The F8 will not qualify. Is not applicable due to the allowance of other tuning companies to reprogram them. we can only ensure our tuning to pass. If there's no sticker on the aftermarket product you will not pass. Best thing to do is get the f5 or f6 and you won't have to hide anything.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re:Now taking pre-orders for the F8 and Destiny Programmer!!!

Definitely interested. Do you know what the end cost is for the consumer is going to be yet?
It's been a while since you asked. We have an answer for you.

Retail-

F8 chip blank $165.00
8 position rotary switch $30.00
Destiny Programmer $150.00
F8 Computer chip switching and programming utiltiy $Free$
(utility will automatically convert existing binary file formats to work with the F8 hardware)

We will have product available for purchase after we return from our family vacation the week of July 19th. Credit cards will not be charged until product ships for all pre-orders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts