Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone near Tuscaloosa an F5 tornado just went thru the city. Unknown death totals as of now. Its heading to holt alabama.

Everyone please take cover. This storm system is spawning massive tornadoes across Alabama like Ive never seen.

Were burrowing in now. Good luck.

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
hope everyone is alright. Im watching it on the news right now, live feed. Its a huge tornado. Let us know if your still good after this storm system.

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
That bounty hunter dude on there needs to calm down. Dont really understand his anger there. If people like the video its because they like tornados, not death. Some people dont think. I really hope everyone is ok, they just said 30 something dead so far. I never seen one and hope to never get to close to one either.

·
R.I.P. DAD
1,993 Posts
Damn, stay safe man. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updates...

[Updated at 8:51 p.m. ET] A large tornado is on the ground in Cherokee County, Alabama, about to cross into western Georgia, the National Weather Service said. The city of Rome, Georgia, appears to be in the path of the tornado.

[Updated at 8:48 p.m. ET] At least 25 people in Alabama died Wednesday as a result of severe storms and tornadoes, the state's emergency management director, Art Faulkner, told CNN.

[Updated at 8:14 p.m. ET] The following video shows the twister that hit Tuscaloosa, Alabama, shortly after 5 p.m. CT:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

[Updated at 6:55 p.m. ET] The Tuscaloosa (Alabama) Sheriff's Department is getting reports of major structural damage inside and outside the city limits after a major storm or tornado hit the area less than an hour ago, Sgt. Andy Norris said.

The department is getting reports of trees on homes, roofs collapsed at homes and businesses. Many people are calling 911, saying they are trapped, Norris said. The department has not immediately received any reports of deaths.

[Updated at 9:30 a.m. ET] Some 269,000 people were without power, most of them in the metro Birmingham area, as of about 8:20 a.m. (9:20 a.m. ET), said Michael Sznajderman, spokesman for Alabama Power, which covers the southern two-thirds of the state. "We're chipping away" at them, he said, but crews may have to pause as the second line of storms approaches.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some vids showing the damage.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is when it got to birmingham.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok this is the wildest thing Ive ever heard....

Pratt City residents tell of their survival in the storm | al.com

Len Creer, who lives on Hibernian Street west of the library said she didn't hear sirens, and realized she was in a storm when she saw her pit bull and German shepherd floating by the window.

She went into her basement. When she came out, she found the frame of her home damaged. She found her dogs -- one limping, the other bloodied.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
dang, this is the biggest outbreak Ive ever heard of.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I should of stuck it in the main area but since it was down this way I figured it was better here. Never dreamed it would cover as wide of an area as it did when I first posted it.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We lucked out and didnt even loose power. I went and bought a bunch of gas for the generator when I first saw the tornado hitting Tuscaloosa. But all we had here was high winds with no damage. Sorry to hear about what you all got and everyone else from it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts