Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 450 springs available for my taking if I want them. Will they fit my f250 when I do the D60 swap? I know the ride would be rough but was just curious. This would be front and rear springs.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
If by F450 you mean F-superduty. Then yes. They will bolt in but terriable ride.

But if you mean F450 from 99-04 then no. you need to relocate the front spring hanger w a RSK or alike. and still ride like crap

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F superduty I guess then. It is a 97 f xxx the guy called it 450

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
The rear from a 99+ work on the rear of your 250 but not the front without some work. Honestly unless it's a plow truck & needs the spring, look around for a set of OBS 350 springs.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 350 springs but these have such a nicer arch I am thinkin about at least trying them with removing a couple leafs.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
I did do this... I put my stock rear springs from an 02 F-250 and put them on a 92 4x2. same length. used them with a over load shim and a over load spring.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are only 2 leafs. You cant remove any
Not removing leafs from the 350 rather the F-superduty spring pack. There were like 6 leafs.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are we talking front or rear springs?
Both. the rear springs have 5 or 6 leafs plus a bolted on over load spring pack with 3 leafs and then the front has quite a few, 6 may have been an over statement but there were at least 4.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Both. the rear springs have 5 or 6 leafs plus a bolted on over load spring pack with 3 leafs and then the front has quite a few, 6 may have been an over statement but there were at least 4.
The rear will have 8-10 w mutiple over add a leafs. The front will only have 2 leafs.

i run rear F-superduty springs in my pulling truck. They are the 8 leaf ones and i have them clamped, SURPRISINGLY they ride quite well

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rear will have 8-10 w mutiple over add a leafs. The front will only have 2 leafs.

i run rear F-superduty springs in my pulling truck. They are the 8 leaf ones and i have them clamped, SURPRISINGLY they ride quite well
I'll get pics Monday.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Just spend a little $$ and get a RS kit and SD springs and have a comfortable ride..we have helped hundreds do this mod. PM if I can help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts