Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to level my truck but keep the factory ride so I looked up f450 springs and they hold more weight than 350's. But will they bolt right up or does it involve fab work? Pictures would be great.Thx

·
Right Wing Radical
44 Posts
If you are referring to a leaf-sprung front end, yes, the "X" code front springs bolt up to the F250 and F350 trucks. Provides about 2.5-3" over stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a Early 99, i can get a set of X code springs for $85, but i heard they wont work in the early 99. is that true or not?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got about 1.5" on my F350 when I did the x springs. I got about 2" on the 06 when I did the "x" coil spring on it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got about 1.5" on my F350 when I did the x springs. I got about 2" on the 06 when I did the "x" coil spring on it.
Did your axle shift at all when you used the X-code springs?

If you use say a 2.5" leveling kit usually you have to get a drop bracket or an adj track bar because of the way it shifts the axle on the passenger side.

Ive been thinking about getting some bigger springs and a leveling kit, so I can build a massive bumper and it wont sag my front.

·
Registered
389 Posts
No, it did'nt. I have a ranch-hand full replacement front bumper, and the x springs make an excellent ride.

I have them on my excursion as well, but it required an adjustable trac bar. X springs raised it 2.5" iirc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts