Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a f350 dually got into a wreck and the bed of my truck is pratically just needs to be junk now... Ive gotten a really good deal on a bed of a guys f350 but its not a dually bed its a regular bed.. My question is if i put this bed on what can i do to change the wheels up so its only 1 wheel instead of two wheels on each side? I dont want to have to change axle out if i dont have to.what can i do to make this work? do the hubs or wheels bolt a certain way? sorry this is a learning experience for me....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
What about the front? It's easier to just buy the fenders and put them on

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im confused.. what you mean front?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Are you going to leave the dually hubs up front? In order to change it back to single wheels you would have to replace the front hubs and the the rear axel and buy a set on wheels, it's cheaper to put fenders on the bed

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the entire bed is jacked.. cant open or close the tail gate the bed is split in the middle you can literally lift up the bed a little couple of the cross members under the bed are bent.. only option i see is to get a new bed to fix it.. im really thinking id rather have a regular bed.. but if its going to be a pain to change out rear wheels then im going to have to find a dually bed..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im slow sometimes storm i see what you were saying put dually fenders on the new bed... but i'd really like have a straight bed lol..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You can put dually fenders on the bed you found. Your old bed will have all the hardware on it already. Use the old bed as a template because you will have to trim the fender wells out not a big deal. I would check craigslist for fenders I see them all the time in Dallas tx where I live. You might also consider buying a dually bed they are pretty abundant around here where there is a flat bed builder in every small town beds go for around 1000 to 1200 complete

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im in north fort worth... i got this bed which is white and my truck is white with nothig wrong for $400 bucks... i couldnt pass it up.. now i have the itch to make the straight bed work and want to put them mal black fender flares on the from and back lol...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
That's a pretty good deal, I have a white tailgate off my 05 I switched to the 08 up gate 100 bucks if you need it I'll meet you half way. The hubs are a whole other problem you can't get used ones around here cause they consider it brake parts they can't sell them at junk yards so I've been told by the time you get new ones, wheels, rear axel man it's gonna cost too much. Call the bed place in Decatur they have stacks of white dually beds I'm sure it would be cheaper. I think the place is called texas custom trailers it's on 287 just price one out.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Dallas craigslist has a white dually bed for sale 450

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Um actually going to Decatur this morning to take care some business stuff and going to stop by that bed place..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and I appreciate the offer on tail gate my actual gate is fine... but the hinges were the gate sits into it and bent and the whole bed is out of square I have 2 ratchet straps on inside the bed to help keep the gate closed..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Got to do what you gotta do right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts